Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Weekend Warrior: Hilary Rhoda Keeps it Cool on Rainy Days



Hilary Rhoda is a girl about town whose style is well worth chronicling. The model is taking notes on her weekend wares exclusively for BAZAAR this summer. Read her latest installment below and check back each week for the chic update.



 






LOOK 1: Friday afternoon, I ventured somewhere I had never gone before — a fabric store! It was fascinating and overwhelming all at the same time. I am working on a very exciting project and am learning things I never knew before. Luckily, I had some guidance so I wasn't completely walking around like a chicken with its head cut off. 
Rain seems to have hit us at the most inconvenient times this summer. On Friday, we were given a break from the sweltering heat, so I wore these amazing Rag & Bone leggings that were maroon and faded to black at the bottoms. I wore a Jeunesse sheer tank top with pale pink stripes. What I did not know when I got dressed that morning was that we were going to get torrential downpours later that afternoon. By the time I walked out of the fabric store, it was pouring and I had no other choice but to make a run for it.



 






LOOK 2: I was in the Hamptons on Saturday, which was also hit with bad storms. I was getting sick of this dreary weather! What better way to brighten it up than with some Karl Lagerfeld sequin shorts? I balanced them out with a lovely Monika Chiang blouse. The collar is actually leather which adds a very cool element to an otherwise basic black shirt. My clutch is also by Monika Chiang, and it's brilliant because it unfolds and has so much room for everything you need. I love the tassel zipper detail to make sure nothing will fall out. I wanted to let my shorts stand out, so I finished off the look with classic Hunter rain boots.



You can follow Hilary Rhoda on Twitter here.


No comments:

Post a Comment