Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Melanie Fiona Graces "Vibe Vixen" Cover



Melanie Fiona is gracing the second March cover of "Vibe Vixen". (Estelle is covering the first cover) Sporting a sweetheart Rachel Roy dress with a tie from Ralph Lauren, Melanie Fiona is showing off all of her beauty with just a hint of shyness for the cameras.

In fact, Melanie Fiona gets up close and personal in her interview with "Vibe Vixen" as she talks about her very first heartbreak, hitting a low in her career and the struggle she has gone through just so she can get her name on the map. So find out what Melanie Fiona had to say as well as check out some exclusive photos from her spread when you click on the "Read More" button below:




On her first heartbreak:
The first cut is the deepest. I had a boyfriend when I was 16 and he was a jerk, but I loved him. It was before I put out my first album, when I was recording the first album, and it was right after I got off the Kanye West [Glow In The Dark] tour in 2008, and I was devastated. I was absolutely devastated because that was like the first crazy-stupid love I’ve ever been in my quote-unquote adult life. I actually made the decision to end it because I decided that I had gone back and forth enough.



On her struggle with her career:
My team and I worked so, so much harder than artists now. [They are] like, 'Hey, I’m a superstar. I’m gonna make a YouTube video, and it’s gonna get eight gazillion views, and I’m gonna be famous, and I’m gonna end up on every TV show!' Meanwhile, I’m busting my ass just to get spoken about on radio and television. I appreciate the process I went through to be honest, and I actually feel bad for the people who don’t have to go through that process because they get hit with a harder blow when it doesn’t work. I think that they create the one-hit wonder phenomenon rather than the career artist.



On hitting a low in her career:
It got pretty low for me. I started to have a lot of emotional turmoil with my mental state of mind and my body 'cause I was exhausted. People don’t really understand what an artist really has to go through. It’s such an intense schedule; one day I’m in L.A., the next day I’m in Switzerland, the next day I’m in Italy and the next day I’m back in L.A. Mind you, I’m performing in that time in between, I’m meeting people, I’m talking and, you know, I’m on a different schedule. I came back off of the Alicia Keys tour, and I just hit the wall. Like, straight-up, I hit the wall. I crashed; I said to my team, 'I’m no good to anyone right now. I need to recover,' and it really affected my confidence level in my approach to my job, my mind when it came to everything around me. I started to victimize myself in a way and it's because when your body is not healthy, it really does produce negative emotions and energy and so.

The excerpts seen above were courtesy of TheYBF.com. However, you can check out the full "Vibe Vixen" interview when you go (here).

As always, feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments section because you know I'm listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment