Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sample sale: our Jenny Bird

Well now, this looks promising. Okay not really, but Jenny Bird's jewelry and leather goods are truly special



Well now, this looks promising. Okay not really, but Jenny Bird's jewelry and leather goods are stylish and the look of classic-but-trendy, a hard-to-nail vibe that she's got in spades



I don't often mention this kind of thing but since I'm a huge fan of Toronto designer Jenny Bird (who else can boast having chased me down the street in '06 in Toronto to discuss my handbag AND ensuing massive celebrity popularity? just sayin).



I've written about Jenny here featuring her art deco-inspired bag & earrings, here about the awesome Buckle Down bag and that season's knock-out jewelry collection, here about her roaring lion ring that I love, here about her bracelet for bee and pollinator conservation last year (all funds raised went to benefit the organization, by the way, none of this 25%-of-profit business).. Come to think of it, this much writing is more than any other designer I've ever fawned over. Jenny, I love you.



There's also another good reason to be writing about this- I'm thinking I'll go to Jenny's sample sale. I don't often check these things out but what the heck, it's time to live a little.



Here are some of Jenny Bird's current creations (most likely not on sale, but you never know):


Netted leather tote,



Netted leather tote, $395


King serpent bangle, $85



King serpent bangle, $85


Serpent hoop earrings, $55



Serpent hoop earrings, $55


Half moon pendant, $325



Half moon pendant, $325


Ram ring,



Ram ring, $85



All images courtesy of Jenny Bird.





No comments:

Post a Comment