Thursday, January 22, 2015

How to massage a baby


At three and a half months old, Toby is already a little bon vivant and loves full-body massages. Here's how we do it...


Depending on how luxurious we're feeling, we use pure vegetable oil (which our doctor suggested, funnily enough) or nothing at all. I start by softly rubbing his forehead in circles and tracing his eyebrows...


Then I rub his chubby belly and down his arms...


Next I give him a double foot massage (his fave!)...


And pull up his legs for a satisfying stretch.


Next I flip him around onto his belly and rub his back...


And finish with some light karate chops! It's become a sweet bedtime tradition, even though he is the wriggliest massaged person I've ever met. Do you guys have any other moves you'd recommend? xoxo

P.S. In other baby news: I'll be posting our birth story this coming Monday, September 20th. Thanks for all your sweet notes about it; I'm excited to (finally) share.

(Photos by Brookelyn Photography. Thank you so much, Brooke!)

No comments:

Post a Comment